When doing a new search, when you enter information you want to find (such as marriage information), you may be surprised to see census records or death certificates in the search results. That happens because the census record and death certificate contain some marriage information. But sometimes you may want to look for a person in a specific type of record for a specific place (for example, Henry Huff in marriage records for Nova Scotia, Canada). To do that, use the restrict records feature in Search:
- Near the top of the screen, click Search.
- In the Search form, enter the information about the person.
- Go to the Restrict Records by section, and enter the country. Then click in the empty box labeled State or Province. A list appears of the provinces, states, departments, or whatever large division is used by the country you are searching in.
5. to look for a specific type of record, click Type.
6. Click the type of record you want.
READ MORE ABOUT WHAT"S NEW IN FAMILYSEARCH FAMILY TREE