Each month, FamilySearch publishes a list of new changes and updates to the FamilySearch.org website. This list includes changes to Family Tree as well as other parts of FamilySearch.org.
In some cases, these changes will also be published as individual articles where the need to do so exists.
Updates to the Help Center
- The Help Center page now contains categories to help you narrow your search.
- The former version of the Learning Center has been brought back so that you can browse for courses in addition to searching for them.
View My Relationship
The View My Relationship link will be updated to calculate the relationship between you and a specific person in your tree. In some cases the search parameter has been expanded from the current 4 generations up and 1 generation down to 15 generations in both directions.
You may be related to an ancestor in more than one way, including through a spouse. Family Tree will show you the relationship that is calculated first.
Updates to Memories
- In the Gallery view, you can now hover over a thumbnail to preview a larger image.
- In the Gallery list view, you can now add a title.
- In the Gallery list view, you can now see whether an image has been restricted:
- When you are looking at a specific memory, you have the option of adding another location or performing other actions (favorites, sharing options, and other functions) will also appear.