Each month, FamilySearch publishes a list of new changes and updates to the FamilySearch.org website. This list includes changes to Family Tree as well as other parts of FamilySearch.org. In some cases, these changes will also be published as individual articles where the need to do so exists.
Family Tree: New Data Problem—Standardize Dates and Places
Usually it just takes a few clicks to standardize a date or place. Here’s what you do:
- Read the data problem message to see what information you need to standardize. That’s important.
- On the person’s page, find the information. (Birth, death, and burial information is in the Vital Information section. Marriage information is in the Family Members section.)
- Click the information you want to standardize. (Remember to click the information that was listed in the message.)
- On the upper right side of the box that opens, click the Edit
- To standardize the information, click the Click here to select.
7. Add a brief explanation of the change you made. (For example, “Standardized the death place.”)
8. Click Save.That’s it. You’re done. The data problem message should be removed from the Research Help section.
To Find Out What Else is New, CLICK HERE