Each month, FamilySearch publishes a list of new changes and updates to the FamilySearch.org website. This list includes changes to Family Tree as well as other parts of FamilySearch.org. In some cases, these changes will also be published as individual articles where the need to do so exists.
The FamilySearch Help Center has been improved to help you in your family history efforts:
- The Get Help menu contains fewer options.
- You can now search for help content directly from the Get Help menu.
- Searches now include the Learning Center, research wiki, and knowledge articles. You previously had to search each resource separately.
- Within the Learning Center (which contains video, presentations, and other training-type content), you can now see related courses organized into a series.
Simplified Get Help Menu
The new Get Help menu contains 6 options instead of 14:
Previously you had to search each help and learning resource separately. Now with one search you can find several types of helpful content:
- Articles from our Help Center that explain how to use FamilySearch.org, how to index, and other system-related content.
- Video, presentations, and other lessons from our Learning Center.
- Family history research help from the research wiki.
To see only the results for a specific type of help, simply click the Articles, Lessons, or Wiki links, which are located beneath the search field.